Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ASOT 003 through 012 - The Saga Continues.

Well, my massive amounts of fans have spoken and they were heard. By massive amounts of fans I mean just my friend Jason. He had an excellent suggestion that I shall implement into this blogging saga. In addition to sharing some thoughts about the ASOT episodes, I shall also share with you my favorite track or two from each episode. That way if you don't want to spend hours and hours and HOURS listening to trance, you can just listen to select tracks to take you on a sort of mini-ASOT journey :) I'm interested in seeing what kinds of music will catch my ear and maybe catch me off guard. I strongly stand by my love of progressive trance, vocal trance, deep house too... but well, let's just start out with a brief synopsis of the first episodes I've listened to. For the sake of brevity, I've listed my favorite tracks from the first few. I deep dived (deep dove??) into ASOT 012 for my own analysis. Recall from my first post, I am in busy season so I haven't had much spare time to write much - my apologies to you people who are sitting on the edge of your seats to see me get through this!

ASOT 003:

Perpetuous Dreamer feat. Elles De Graaf -- The Sound Of Goodbye (Armin´s Tribal Feel Vocal Mix) [Armind]

Sonic Inc. -- The Taste Of Summer (Fire & Ice Vital Remix) [XTC/Bonzai]


ASOT 004:

Solid Sessions- Janeiro (Pronti & Kalmani Vocal mix) (Combined Forces Promo) (also happens to be the tune of the week)

Humate- Love Stimulation (Paul van Dijk remix) (MFS, 1993) – gorgeous journey through hills and meadows ending up at a serene lake.

ASOT 005:

4 Strings - Into The Night (okay seriously this song has been on every single ASOT I feel like - but that's a good thing! I love this track!)
Alibi - Eternity (Thrillseekers Remix) just loving the dreamy music, really trance, kind of like, on a determined mission with a definite goal in mind but doing so in a really peaceful and loving way.

ASOT 006:

Clear blue moon – Armin van Buuren -- perfection. 

<I listened to 007 and 008 but wasn't by a computer to look up what tracks I was listening to. So far, I have to ask this: Was 2001 the year of industrial trance??? And Armin, when will you speak the English so I know what you're saying? I need a Dutch friend to help me out here.>

ASOT 009:

Push – The Legacy 

ASOT 010:

Three Drives - Sunset On Ibiza (Vocal DJ Enrico Remix)

ASOT 011:

Madelyne - A Deeper Love (D'tech Mix)

ASOT 012:

The beginning is just hilarious vocal trance. As you’ll learn, I am such a major fan of vocal trance. But this sounded like weird disco polo. More gibberish from Armin. I understood a few words… “essential mix,” “Tiesto…” “Body shock” And then Body-Shock - Rain In The City played and I liked it. Loved how intense it was at first, and then it withdrew to be calm and dreamy… and then back to feeling like you were on an amazing journey through the bustling streets of a populated city. 

So, let’s fast forward…

Second hour starts out like you’re walking in a dark alley, rainy pavement, sadness in your heart, wind blowing and you spot a light at the end of the tunnel – it flickers on and off, on and off, and you pick up the pace to go catch this glimmer of hope, and your fast walk turns into a light jog, and before you know it you’re running full speed ahead to catch the light. You’re running. But the light is elusive. It starts low, dims, shows up again too high to reach. Disappears, and shows up to your left. Pops up on your right. You reach to grab it and you can’t. But then you’re not sure when it happened, you’re flying in the air, flipping backwards, doing sumersaults and soaring higher and higher and the light is right there with you, taking you to these heights. The darkness has turned to brightness and you’re engulfed in the cerulean sky, floating between fluffy white clouds. And you realize, you’ve had this light inside of you the whole time, it just took a moment of belief in yourself to take you to the next level. 

But then this vision and dream is snapped back to reality with this tune - Harry Choo Choo Romero - I Want Out (I Can't Believe) – creepy vocals, industrial trance, makes me feel like I stepped into an illegal rave. 

I really like Rising Star - Clear Blue Moon which rounds out the second hour of the program, but at the same time, it’s still slightly creepy. I am used to heavenly trance that is now – this feels like an invasion of shiny silver robots that’s kind of scary but you kind of like it at the same time. Leaves me very confused :) 

ANYWAY - that is it for now! Tomorrow is a new day and will start with ASOT 013 as I get ready for work in the morning. Good night!  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment